background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Decorating the Den

Here are a few projects we did in the den.  We sort of ended up with a black and white theme and added a nice blue on the walls.  Above the black leather couch with 2 accent pillows are 3 decorative wall hangings I made myself (well until it came time to use the staple gun).  I used 1"x2" pieces of wood to create the frame (the middle one has a middle support), used a white sheet to 'shade' the light a bit so you couldn't see thru then added the material I picked out at JoAnn's and stapled that around the back.  I used picture hooks to hang them up!

As for the photo collage.  I bought the frames on sale at Michael's; it is a kit and I got the idea from Candace Olsen on Divine Design.  I was able to get the frames when they were half off and with an additional 10% off coupon so watch for good sales!  Oh, and you can also purchase a wall template that helps you place each frame in the correct place!


No comments:

Post a Comment